Brilliance means being bold, innovative and groundbreaking—qualities crucial to surviving and succeeding in the rapidly evolving TecHome industry.
The inaugural TecHome Brilliance Awards were announced at this week’s TecHome Builder Summits, honoring the best of the best when it comes to standout smart home products, innovative homes and communities, energy efficiency solutions, entertainment and more.
The time is now for an awards program like this.
A Connected Home Consumer Survey of 291 consumers revealed the following information:
67-percent of consumers want to remotely control the temperature in their homes.
67-percent say they’re concerned with monitoring their homes’ security systems and the privacy of their network.
78-percent are interested in solar power generation and storage systems.
“We have seen unbelievable growth in the connected home industry in the past couple years. Consumers aren’t just aware of these solutions, they’re demanding them,” says Andrea Medeiros, director of content at TecHome Builder, which performed the survey.This consumer demand should spark a fire underneath an entire industry of manufacturers, integrators and builders from the luxury, high-volume and multifamily sectors. The TecHome Brilliance Awards, however, honored those who have already ignited the flame.
The dozens of companies that submitted to the 2016 TecHome Brilliance Awards represent standout home technology products, services, homes and communities you should pay attention to, as they may represent the future of the smart home.
“I was very impressed by this year’s submissions,” says one of the Brilliance judges. “They all showcased unique ways that technology can be used to enhance a home or community. I think this suggests a lot of promise for the current state of the market, and I believe next year’s entries are going to prove this fact even further.”
See the full list of winners below.
13 Award-Winning TecHome Products
- Home Control/Automation: URC, MX HomePro™
- Home Entertainment/AV: Epson America, Inc., Epson Pro Cinema 6040UB Projector with 4K Enhancement and HDR
- Home Networks: Control4, Inc., NK-1 Controller
- Security / Life Safety Systems: Kwikset, SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt
- Lighting Control: Deako, Deako Smart Lighting
- Shade & Window Control: Hunter Douglas, Hunter Douglas PowerView™ Motorization
- Lighting Fixtures, Systems and Bulbs: Eaton, Halo ML56 LED Downlighting System with Dim-to-Warm Technology
- Smart HVAC/IAQ: Rheem, Rheem EcoNet
- Geothermal Systems: WaterFurnace International, 7 Series 700A11
- Water Control & Monitoring: Rheem, Rheem EcoNet
- Laundry Tech: Equator Advanced Appliances, Super Combo Washer-Dryer EZ 4400
- Smart Building Products: iDevices, Wall Outlet
- Sales & Marketing Tools: Avid Ratings, GoTour
Top Overall Pick: Equator Advanced Appliances, Super Combo Washer-Dryer EZ 4400