What tech products, applications, merchandising concepts and process improvements are gaining traction and which are stuck in the mud? Why? TecHome Builder Research seeks to discover and report on these vital aspects of the tech trajectory, so all builders can learn from each other and speed progress on tech.
In addition, we compile government and association reports and forecasting on residential and commercial construction activity in our Housing Stat Pack. This convenient compendium helps suppliers and builders follow the menu by emphasizing permitted value and construction-put-in-place and tracking the hot and cold spots in the market geographically.
Original Market Research
- Product Pulse – looks at the broad home tech product taxonomy, focusing on present and future inclusion rates, with separate breakdowns of the response data for high volume and luxury/custom builders. (Next edition—Mar. 2020)
- Merchandising Concepts Pulse – looks at builder utilization and success with home tech merchandising concept, including lifestyle, room-by-room and TecHome Benefit Cluster approaches. (Next edition—Sep. 2019)
- Market Pulse – looks at tech interest levels and take rates by homebuyer market segments defined by type of home bought (starter, move-up, dream home, vacation home, etc.), type of household, age of homebuyer, net worth of homebuyer, etc. (Next edition—July 2020)
- Summary History and Forecasts – A national-level look at housing starts (both single family and multifamily) and housing sales (both new and existing) with history back to 2009 and projections two years forward. Also includes history on permitted value at the national level and drivers like GDP and mortgage rates.
- Permitted Value by Region – Breakdowns by the four major and nine fine Census Bureau regions including breakdowns of single family and multifamily market for dollars invested in housing.
- Permitted Value by State – Shows the dollars invested in housing by state with comparisons to last year and year-over-year growth rates including a 5-year growth rate.
- Permitted Units Region & State – Breakdowns by the four major and nine fine Census Bureau regions including breakdowns of single family and multifamily market.
- Metropolitan Permitted Units & Value – Shows units permitted and the dollars invested in housing across 350+ metropolitan areas, with year-over-year growth rates and breakdowns of single family and multifamily market.
- Employment by State – Shows the total number employed in each state, number of jobs added or subtracted year-over-year and growth rates.
- Employment by Metro – Shows the total number employed in nearly 400 metropolitan areas, number of jobs added or subtracted year-over-year and growth rates.
- New Home Sales by Price Range – From the latest monthly data all the way back to 2002, a look at new home sales by price range.
- Construction Put in Place Residential and Non-Residential — Provides big picture construction value for both the residential and non-residential construction markets, including improvements and growth rates year-over-year.
- Next edition — August 2019